NICE December 2018
- This quality standard covers assessing and managing oesophago-gastric cancer in adults.
- Statement 1 Adults with oesophago-gastric cancer have access to an oesophago-gastric clinical nurse specialist.
- Statement 2 Adults with oesophago-gastric cancer have their treatment reviewed by a multidisciplinary team that includes an oncologist and a specialist radiologist who both have an interest in oesophago-gastric cancer.
- Statement 3 Adults with oesophageal or gastro-oesophageal junctional tumours (except T1a tumours) for whom radical treatment is suitable, have 18‑fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography requested and reported within 1 week.
- Statement 4 Adults with oesophago-gastric cancer have tailored specialist dietetic support before and after radical treatment.